- Be sure you get a grip.
- Wash the child’s with water or give it water to drink.
- Hug it and embrace it.
Say the following:
- Look at me, look in my eyes.
- Breathe with me. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale
- I’m close. I see you’re scared. I’m next to you. You are trembling. You are safe now.
- I’ll do everything to protect you.
- Take my hand, squeeze it.
- I love you, I’m close.
The advice was prepared by Daria Selivanova, a psychotherapist for the International assistance headquarters for Ukrainians and the “Bez paniky” psychological center.